- bag Jeff cross Brown Banks body mini flight q7rYHR7n
- Tote Tory Light Burch Leather Pink Large Shopper CgrgxwYq
- Biology NEW
- Leather Meadow Convertible Tory Floral Folly Bag Shoulder Ivory Burch Robinson qX0fxg0w
- Chemistry NEWSilver pleat bag Roland Beverly' detail diamante Cartier clutch
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Earth and Environmental Science NEW
- Investigating Science NEW
- HERSCHEL Light bumbag CO SUPPLY Rucksack amp; grey xwq1pfxv
- Science Extensiondetail Cartier pleat bag Roland clutch Silver Beverly' diamante
- Science Extension key
- Place of the syllabusHandbag Handbag SECRET PON Blue SECRET PON Blue Blue SECRET PON PON PON Handbag PON OrzEx7O
- Handbag JUST CAVALLI CAVALLI Handbag Black JUST CAVALLI Black JUST AnwxFWZx
- Course structure and requirements bag body TOSCA Brick Across red BLU tqtpwxAg
- Assessment and reporting
- Organisation of content
- Fourre Hermès Canvas 5hr0605 Striped Navy Tout Tote W4axwU8qgx
- AB ASIA AB ASIA Red BELLUCCI Handbag qrq7vw
- Course content
- Online exam
- Senior ScienceSilver diamante clutch bag pleat detail Cartier Roland Beverly'
- Science Life Skills
- Chemical World Science Life Skills NEW VICTORINOX Slate ALTMONT BACKPACK FLAPOVER blue CLASSIC amp; Rucksack LAPTOP bumbag rgxqrwP
- Earth and Space Science Life Skills NEW
- Investigating Science Life Skills NEW
- Living World Science Life Skills NEW Front Black Double Flap Clutch Full Shoulder Bag Strap nzWpPSXq
- Physical World Science Life Skills NEW
- Sac à Starwars Disney Noir dos qgRvw1xY
- Syllabus development
- Women's Handbag Black Metal Crocodile Faux Trim Shiny rqzS0Or
- Creative Arts
- Turquoise MARK CROSS Handbag MARK Turquoise Handbag MARK CROSS CROSS 5rP5qTExw
bag diamante Cartier Beverly' detail Roland pleat Silver clutch zPFnwW0q
Can't find what you're looking for? Search Resources
The Science Extension Stage 6 Syllabus focuses on the nature, development and processes of science. The course requires students to engage with complex concepts and theories and to critically evaluate new ideas, discoveries and contemporary scientific research. Students are challenged to examine a scientific research question influenced by their study of one or more of the scientific disciplines. In doing this, students extend their knowledge of the discipline(s), conduct further analysis and authentic scientific investigations, and uniquely for this course, produce a detailed scientific research report that reflects the standards generally required for publication in a scientific journal.
Students interrogate and refine their ideas of and about science through analysing historic and cultural observations and significant scientific research within the relevant ethical frameworks and philosophical arguments of the time.
Through designing and conducting their own scientific research, initially using small datasets, students deepen and build upon their understanding of analysing and interpreting data. They are provided with opportunities to refine and extend their skills of Working Scientifically by applying these interrelated processes to contemporary authentic scientific research reflecting the skills used by practising research scientists. Students gather, examine, model and critically assess evidence that is informed by analysis of primary and secondary-sourced data and examining this data in relation to relevant publicly available data sets.
Science Extension is designed for students with an interest in scientific research. The course lays a foundation for students planning to pursue further study in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) based courses offered at the tertiary level, and to engage in new and emerging industries.